Sunday, September 14, 2008

going digital



Over the past few months I have been exploring various computer programs, such as Painter,Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash. Working digitally had been something I had avoided up until now, for various reasons. The main one being was that I did not have a computer or the software. What I am finding is that there is an infinite realm of possibilities when working in a digital format, and I am beginning to enjoy working this way very much. 
I completed a painting tonight using a combination of painter and photoshop. The image was a remake of one of my children's book pages in which I originally did in watercolor. I have to say I like the digital result a lot more than the old watercolor.  This doesn't mean I plan to trade in the paint brush for the Wacom tablet, but it does mean I will continue to explore new possibilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know my sketch usually ruin after i paint the color on..i'm the learner to use the correct color on picture. the way to do color test with computer. it's good. I'll try next time. Hope it is Better.