Friday, April 17, 2009

Day ONe Skate Shop and Art Space


Friday May 1st, at 6 p.m will be the opening for my first solo show . The show will be held at Day One Skate Shop and Art Space in Bridgeport , Ct.. Much of my youth was spent on a skateboard, and many of my early Illustration influences came from old school skate deck designs. In my old age of 30 I still continue to search for Animal Chin, but sadly after all these years he remains a mystery.  So having the opportunity to show at a skate shop is pretty exciting for me, skate boarding is a part of my roots and always will be.  One of my paintings that will be on display depicts a guy on a skateboard winding through a busy NYC street, and is a reflection of my first few trips to NYC  as a teen. I am hoping to have this image printed on skate boards for the show.

The show will also be a launch for my book Norton B. Nice in which I authored, Illustrated, designed , and published. 
In addition to all of this it is my birthday, so I hope a lot of people are going to come out and enjoy.

For more information visit www.dayoneskateshop.com 

No comments: