Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A few more from the Rockies

Evenings in the alpine environment often produce really amazing light. These photos were taken the other night as a few friends and I hiked down from a very fun day up in Rocky Mountain National Park. Although I did not climb the boulder I had hoped to, and ended up with a heinous skin tear on a finger on my right hand, I still had one of the best days out yet. Just being in the mountains with some good people is more than enough to put me in a good mood.

On the day we went up to climb there was a pretty large fire burning around Lumpy Ridge. The fire caught ablaze due to a lightning strike that touched down the previous day. I think that the wild fire had an affect on the atmosphere in which made for a really amazing sun set , and I was lucky enough to get a few photos of it seen below....

Bouldering on the Hallet

Ominous skies Above Hallet Peak

Evening skies above Halllet Peak

Amazing sunset above Estes Park

I have been staying up in Nederland with one of my long time best friends from back in Connecticut, Steve King. We got out to do a little painting the other day at a look out up above his rad new home in Ned...Didn't produce anything I was happy with but it was fun to push some paint around and spend some time with my good friends outside.

No comments: