Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chief Bromden

Chief Bromden
6"x13"
acrylic on board


Contained in Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are numerous passages that beckon to be illustrated. In particular are the passages that describe the visions/daydreams/delusions of Chief Bromden. I started to create a series of Illustrations from theses passages , but they were put on the back burner while I worked on my thesis. During the week long workshop with Gary Kelley and Chris Payne, held this past July in Hartford, I had the opportunity to work on one of these illustrations. In an earlier post I showed my preliminary sketches and a digital color comp and so I decided to show the piece close to finish. It is a relatively small piece measuring 6"x13" , and is acrylic on illustration board. This painting was done using a very limited palette consisting of five colors, ultramarine blue deep, cad yellow lemon, alizarin crimson, burnt sienna, and white.

1 comment:

Ellie Altomare said...

DAnny, you are an incredible artist! I believe the Directory of Illustration might make sense for you!

Please call me! Ellie Altomare
www.Directoryofillustration.com