Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Awesome Quotes

Pictured below are some of the faces of,  and the works of , some truly remarkable people. 

Frank Zappa
Grant Wood, American Gothic
Jack Unruh
Lou Brooks
Courtney Granner
Chester Gould
Milton Glaser
Craig Frazier
Peter Deseve

 I wanted to share a few great quotes from a few great people that I have picked up along the way. I hope they are as accurate as possible...

"Find the things in your life and in your art that you are passionate about and try to make an existence for yourself with them ! " - Jack Unruh 

"When digging for gold use a pan, not a tweezer, include everything and edit the material ! "- Courtney Granner -  on how to go about concepting and thumb nailing when designing an illustration.

" I usually start with a repulsive Character and then go from there !" Chester Gould- creator of Dick Tracy

" As illustrators we should not feel as if we must show the world as it is, instead we should show our own ideas, don't be afraid ! " - Lou Brooks

" Art is making something out of nothing and selling it!" -Frank Zappa

" All good ideas came to me while I was milking a cow" - Grant Wood

" Designers that can draw have a tremendous advantage over designers that cannot !" Milton Glaser

" Be relevant in order to have application of your work, popularize your own relevance ! " Craig Frazier

" Usually my best ideas come to me when I am not looking for them!" -Peter De Seve

1 comment:

freekshown said...

dude you forgot me