Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Journey to the Valley of Eden

My time here in Vang Vieng has been great. The people I have met, the sights I have seen, and the places we have climbed have made it one of the best places I have ever visited. Below is a shot of the Bungalow I have been staying in here in Vang Vieng, which I have gotten pretty comfortable in.

My Bungalow

The other day a few friends of mine from Australia and I went on a little journey to find a climbing cave known as Tham Nam Them. The direction to find this place were pretty vague, and involved crossing a river, trekking in the jungle to a place where two mountains converged,  and hiking through a cave for 10 minutes. The climbing didn't turn out to be quite what we had hoped, but we continued our hike into the valley that was beyond where the climbing was. This turned out to be a place known as the Valley of Eden, and was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. 

The place where the two mountains converge in which
Marks the entrance to Tham Nam Them and the Valley of Eden


Me in Eden

Wild Flowers

Small pond with Water Buffalo


Valley Hut


The Valley of Eden



Mountains on a ride home at Sunset

No comments: